Lead Layout Artist
Tangent Animation is seeking talented 3D Layout Artists with experience and knowledge of the principles of character animation to join our growing team. Working knowledge of Maya and/or Blender is extremely beneficial. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create high-quality, key-framed animation and camera layouts that possess strong shot-to-shot continuity.
- Must be able to work collaboratively to ensure layout adheres to the style and vision set out by the Director.
- Will oversee layout team, and must have leadership skills to ensure direction is properly conveyed to the layout team.
- Attend layout dailies and adjust/refine layout as indicated by the Director.
- Deliver work in a timely manner.
- We prefer artists that have 2 or more years of professional experience working with Maya, Blender or other professional animation software, though all talented layout artists are encouraged to apply.
- Online demo reel that demonstrates your expertise in 3D layout is essential.
- Must have the ability to interpret a storyboard.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Director(s) as necessary.
- Prior leadership responsibilities are required.
- Knowledge of 2D or 3D animation production pipeline is beneficial.
- Reports To:
- Director, CG Supervisor
- Start Date:
- Oct 01 2016
- End Date:
- Oct 01 2017
Contact UsIf you're interested in this position, please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also share this with people you know: